Friday, April 28, 2006

Welcome to the Hellmouth

I work full time and have two small children.

So naturally, I have *lots* of free time.

What, I thought, could I do to make the days go by faster? I could tackle that situation in the middle east. Or cure cancer. Perhaps I could go down to the local senior center and teach aerobics.

Then it hit me how I can best serve humanity. I'll create a blog.

After all, there just aren't enough blogs. The world needs yet another person sharing all the random prattle floating around in their heads about their kids, pets and desperate, sad, little lives.

So, here we are. But don't get your hopes up. I don't plan to talk endlessly about little Jak-El and Dan-El, or their feline siblings Streaky and Comet, as fascinating as that would be to y'all.

Instead, I'll be chatting mostly about media--TV, movies, music, you name it. I've got lots of useless trivia and opinions and it will be here, just for *you.* And of course, comments are welcomed and encouraged.

Need an incentive to visit this blog on a regular basis? How about a few celebrity endorsements?

Well, okay. They're not celebrity endorsements so much as quotes from people I know taken out of context. As a journalist, I'm fond of that sort of thing.

"The older you get, the weirder you get." -- My Mom

"People actually read this stuff?"--My Husband

"Mommy, where's your penis?"--Jak-El, age 3

"Psssfffftttt!"--Dan-El, age 6 months

"This reminds me of an R. Crumb cartoon..."--My Boss

"You really need to get drunk."--My Maid of Honor

Final thought for the day: does anyone else find it funny that the spellcheck function doesn't recognize the word "blog"?

Happy Friday.

4 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

What are you wearing?

Welcome to the creepy world of blogs.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Oh dear.

Your first comment and it's a creepy one.

::grin::

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I feel so loved!

But y'all better behave, cause I think Clark is reading this...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Cake said...

He doesn't scare me. I have cake on my side. And I'm tough. Yeaaah. ::cough::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home