Thursday, May 04, 2006

Watch Along With Patty!

At this point, does anyone really, really understand what’s happening on “Alias?” And does anyone care?

I loved this show to death when it first came on, couldn’t get enough of it. Then all the Rambaldi crap started and it was X-Men all over again…

I followed the X-Men comics for years, until I realized that I was buying 5+ X-Men books a month and had absolutely no idea what was going on in them. I promptly dropped all of them and was a happy camper, until frickin’ Grant Morrison took over an X-book and pulled me back in and now I’m reading multiple X-titles again…grumble, grumble, grumble..

Where was I? Oh yeah, “Alias.”

So last night’s episode was good and all, but with an evil Syd clone in the picture (oh, yeah, more clones…groan) and Sloane apparently totally and completely on the dark side, does this finally mean someone will explain what all that Rambaldi stuff meant?

I asked the husband if he knew what was going on.

“Remember, Rambaldi had a bunch of inventions…?”

Yeah, yeah, I know, I said. But what did that have to do with Sydney?

“I think she was the key to some sort of prophecy…?”

Yeah, but what?

“There was that machine….”

Right, the big doomsday machine they built. What was that for again?

“They didn’t really explain that, did they?”

So there ya’ have it. All clear? Okey dokey!

I think I’m just going to go into Patty Hearst mode for this one and love my captor. I’ve watched this show for five years and it’s holding me prisoner until the end. I can’t give up at this point, so I’ll just go along for the ride.

It’s the same way I managed to enjoy the “Lord of the Rings” movies: ignore the fact I can’t keep track of the mumbo jumbo and just look at the pretty scenery, or in this case, Michael Vartan. Why Jennifer Garner left him for Ben Affleck is beyond me.

Matt Damon? That would make sense, but Affleck is spoiled goods after J.Lo, much in the way that Brad Pitt is spoiled goods after dumping Jennifer Aniston for Angelina, and Tom Cruise is spoiled goods for turning into a raving lunatic.

Final thought for the day: I was replaced by an evil clone 8 years ago. It was a good move on my part. I’m sipping cocktails in Bermuda while that stupid clone is changing diapers and trying to lose baby weight. Bwahahahahahaha!

Happy Thursday.

8 Comments:

At 9:15 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Comics, clones, evil doomsday machines, kidnappers, soiled goods, lunatics, LOTR, and some more clones.

I'm liking this blog a bunch!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Smartest thing Brad Pitt ever did was to dump that bitch Jennifer Aniston and go with Angelina Jolie.

Ask any(men)one.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'm having deja vu.

We've had this conversation.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Noprah, you're soooo not invited to the Woman Club tea and cookie social.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Then how will I pick up broads?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Cake said...

1) You can get tossed out of the Woman Club for inviting boys to the parties.
2) You can get tossed out of the Man Club for even entertaining the idea of a "Tea and Cookie Social." (And, once again, use of the word "broad" won't save you.)

You've both been warned.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Ah, pickles. What's the number of the Hermaphrodite Club again?

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Yer okay for now. Based on my collection of Yellow Cards, they issue quite a few warnings before they make the eviction official.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home