Monday, July 30, 2007

Another Evening of Intellectual Discourse at Casa de Lois

Jak-El: Mom, Mom! You were right! I just saw a commercial. They do have Simpsons toys at Burger King!

Lois: Told ya' so. Pay up kid—you owe me a million, trillion dollars.

Jak-El: Nooooooooooo. Mom, I want to get the guy that says "Ow!"

Lois: The guy that says "Ow?"

Jak-El: The fat guy in the white shirt that says "Ow!"

Lois: Oh, that's Homer. He doesn't say "Ow." He says D'oh!

Jak-El: Due?

Lois: No. D'oh!

Jak-El: Duh?

Lois: D'oh!

Jak-El: Doy?

Lois: D'oh!

Jak-El: D'oh!

Lois: Yes! D'oh!

Dan-El: Bah!

Lois: D'oh!

Jak-El: D'oh!

Dan-El: Yeah!

Lois and Jak-El: D'oh!

Husband: What's going on?

Lois: They have Simpsons toys at Burger King. I'm teaching the kids how to say D'oh!

Dan-El: Gah!

Husband: Close.

Jak-El: Can we go to Burger King for dinner?

Lois: Not tonight. We'll go this weekend.

Jak-El: Awwww….

Lois: No. How many times do I have to tell you? D'oh!

Jak-El: (laughs) D'oh!....Now can we go?

Lois: No.

Jak-El: D'oh!

*************************************************

On Saturday, we did indeed go to Burger King, and Jak-El got Homer (the limited edition gold Homer, no less). And turns out we were both wrong. It doesn't say "Ow" nor "D'oh!" It says "Yee-Haw!" Dan-El got Apu ("Please! I am gouging as fast as I can!").

11 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Did you see the movie?

I heard someone complaining that it was just like the TV show.

D'oh !

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Really? That's shocking, because I thought it would be an indepth Shakesperean allegory of man's inhumanity to man. I mean, the whole "Spider-Pig" riff in the commercial gives that impression, doesn't it?

No, I haven't seen the movie. Maybe next weekend at the drive-in.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the movie yet, but DID go to the 7-11 near Times Square that was tricked out to be a Kwik-E-Mart.

Not bad, if you like that sort of thing.

Then again, how would one characterize that sort of thing?

All I know is that people were buying lots and lots of overprices Squishees. Not me: I held out for a past-expiration-date hot dog.

Mmm, salmonella.

-- Lamont "TV gives us so much, and asks for so little in return" Cranston

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

But did you buy any Buzz Cola or KrustyO's?

I was going to go over there last Friday if I hadn't had to cancel my trip to NY.

Stupid teeth.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lamont:
You're not aloud to quote the Simpsons views on TV until you get a TV. That's like...that's like...that's like the designated driver laughing at the drunken ramblings of his passengers in a way that isn't making fun of them.

(bonus points for which Simspons character was the designated driver)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

(dammit...that allowed, not aloud...aren't there supposed to be some editors around here?)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

"(bonus points for which Simspons character was the designated driver)"

Barney?

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lois:

The store was out of KrustyO's, and as the promotion is ending this week, it probably isn't restocking. But I could get you a souvenir can of Buzz, if you want.

Shaken, not stirred.

Bostongraf:

Eh, it's better than the passengers laughing at the drunken ramblings of the designated driver.

Which would be pretty funny, I must say. Especially at 85 mph.

And... The Simpsons have become part of the collective consciousness. They are so much more than a TV show.

Besides... I do now have a TV set. I just haven't plugged it in yet. It makes a fine paperweight and dust collector.

-- Lamont "TV respects me: It laughs with me, not at me" Cranston

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger bostongraf said...

Lois:
Yes, Barney. That was the episode that Barney stole the car and left it in NYC.

Lamont:
Yes, they are part of the collective consciousness and more than a tv show...but their views on television are so strong, that it would be wrong for a tv-less man to be representing them. But you have a tv, so it's fine.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cake said...

"(dammit...that allowed, not aloud...aren't there supposed to be some editors around here?)"

Yes, but I only edit when I'm paid to edit.

Wait a sec, I'm on here from work...and I'm being paid to be at work and...oh crap.

Someone pass me my red pen!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Lamont:

In hono(u)r of the Simpsons movie, I think you oughta turn your tv on and see how many channels you get.

(If the first channel that comes in clear is reality tv, you have my permission to pitch the set off the balcony, though.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home