Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Zzzzzzzzzzzz......


One of the great "joys" of motherhood is the lack of sleep.

(last night)

8:45 pm: Dan-El falls asleep on couch. We don't bother moving him upstairs, since he hasn't been sleeping well in his bed lately.

10:30 pm: Dan-El wakes up screaming. I change him into his nighttime diaper and PJs, and give him some milk. He falls asleep on top of me, and since I always favor the path of least resistance, I fall asleep too.

11:25 pm: Dan-El wakes up screaming again. I calm him down and watch Letterman, falling asleep during an Adam Sandler interview.

12:15 am: Dan-El wakes up startled, but gets back to sleep quickly. I don't.

1:30 am: I'm still awake. Start watching stuff on the DVR.

2 am: Need to be productive. Get laptop and finishing editing an e-newsletter that mails today.

3:15 am: Make commitment to be completely brain dead and turn on "Victoria Beckham: Coming to America," which I recorded because…actually, I'm not quite sure why I recorded this.

3:22 am: Consider whether it would be possible for husband to become international soccer star.

3:24 am: Decide it would be easier for me to become one of the Spice Girls, since lack of musical talent isn't an obstacle. Maybe I could be Surly Spice.

3:33 am: Think of many better things I could be doing, like learning to play the banjo, making fudge or dialing 10 digit numbers. Or 11 digit numbers.

3:38: Rearrange couch cushions and try to get comfortable.

3:40 am: Wonder what I'd look like with a blonde bob haircut.

3:42 am: List off people who could be in a "League of Bobs" superhero team. Bob Newhart, Bob Dylan, SpongeBob Squarepants, the bisexual red leather pants wearing Bob who dated my friend T. in college, Bob Dole, Bobcat Goldthwaite, Bobby Vinton, Bob Marley, Bob Denver, Bob from the Bob's Furniture Store commercials…

3: 50 am: Look for the sheet I had been using. Realize Dan-El is asleep on top of it and go looking for blanket instead.

4:10 am: Flip around channels on TV. Oooh, G4 has ComicCon preview coverage. I wish I was going to ComicCon. Oh, boring. This is just footage from last year.

4:30 am: Finally fall asleep.

6:15 am: Dan-El wakes up. And the day begins…

11 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Land sakes, Lois! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

My Spice Girl Dream Team:
Bitter Divorcee Spice
Zany Auntie Spice
Slot Machining Smoker Spice
Corporate Librarian Spice
Corrections Officer Gert Spice

And, my votes for the League o' Bobs: Sideshow Bob, Bob Barker, Bob Keeshan, Bob Hope.

Good day for a nap, mayhap.

Myrna "And Bob's Your Uncle" Loy

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Pregnant Spice rocks!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

You know, it's not nice to taunt people in my condition--tired.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Are you asleep? How about now? Now? NOW? Hey, are you asleep?

::waits a few minutes::

How about now??

NOW??

(And I thought I had it bad that I can't normally sleep till 12:30- 1:00am...eek.)

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger bacon ace said...

Uh oh NoOprah Pregnant Spice isn't actually pregnant. YIKES!

Lois,
I'll be thinking of you while at Comic Con this year. I'll let you know if I see any of those bacon themed super heroes.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And Scary Spice isn't really Scary. What's your point?

Posh Spice is kinda posh, though.

-- Lamont "'Spare Change?' Spice" Cranston

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry, have you seen the recent pictures of Scary Spice? That is one terrifying woman!

(dammit, I'm a day late..nobody will see this! If a blogger comments a day late, is the coment still funny? What if it wasn't funny in the first place? Is it then even funnier, or somehow less funny? I feel like this will never be read, so I could just go on and on and on....

Of course, I don't really think anyone reads my stuff anyway, so...Feelings....Nothing more than...Feelings....)

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Cake said...

There's always at least one person* who looks at yesterday's blog to see if any funny new comments have been added, I promise you.



(*Usually me.)

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see a damned thing.

-- Lamont "Ray Charles" Cranston

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger bacon ace said...

I still check. I suppose that says something about me.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Cake said...

I suspect we're ALL just slightly crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home