Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Fought the Law, and the Law Had Frosting

It’s so sad when you think you know a guy. You fall in love with him, you marry him, and then….he turns into a pastry Nazi.

>>at my friend’s one year old daughter’s birthday party Saturday afternoon<<

Husband: Are you letting Jak-El have cake? Because we might be getting a cake later for dessert at my parents’ house. He shouldn’t have too much cake, you know.

Lois: Don’t worry about it. He’s just eating the frosting. And he probably won’t even care if there’s more cake later. He’ll be caked out.

Husband: What’s that? Are you taking cake home for later?

Lois: Yes. I’m not having cake now, and XXX offered to give me a piece to take home, so I’m taking it. Do you have a problem with that?

Husband: I guess not. We just don’t need too much cake.

Lois: Who died and made you the cake police? And if you’re so worried about everyone eating too much cake, why are you finishing Jak-El’s cake?

Husband: Someone has to.

6 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I had a premonition about cake.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Is she going to win the lottery?

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Crake, crake.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Cake said...

I wonder if he set that line up on purpose or not...

And I also wonder...where's my share of the cake?

 
At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so waiting for the post that started "cake said"...

-- Lamont "Give Me Boiled Frostings Or Give Me Death" Cranston

(And Lois: Yes, that was a reference to Eddie Izzard's "Cake, or death?" Beat ya to the punch on that one!

Mmm, cake and punch...

Note: This post should in no way be construed as an endorsement of punching Cake, who I am sure is a very fine woman and probably not deserving of any physical mistreatment. But maybe Roger the Shrubber can offer a dissenting view?)

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Given that Roger the Shrubber is my younger sister...I'm fairly certain she'd be in favour of punching me.

Or at least throwing things at my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home