Friday, December 11, 2009

Fa La La La La Oh Bla Di Oh Bla Di La

In honor of Cake's upcoming birthday, I'm going to try and start updating this blog regularly again. Sort maybe. Or something.

First off, some photos of our gingerbread house, which is a lovely way to use up all the Halloween candy we still have lying around the house.


And next, the thought provoking conversation the boy and I had this morning.

Lois: We'll have to put up the tree this weekend.

Jak-El: Yeah!

Lois: First we'll frost it...

Jak-El: No!

Lois: But we have to frost it. How else will be get the sprinkles to stay on?




Jak-El: Mom! No! We don't frost the tree.

Lois: Oh, right. We put gravy on the tree.

Jak-El: No!

Lois: Catsup?

Jak-El: No!

Lois: But I don't want to eat it plain!

Jak-El: We don't eat it!

Lois: What do we do with it then?

Jak-El: We decorate it!

Lois: And why do we do that?

Jak-El: Um....so we can stand around and look at it.

Lois: You sure?

Jak-El: Yes!

Lois: Okay, if you say so. So anyway, tomorrow we're going to put the tree in a big box, wrap it up and...

Jak-El: Mom!

Lois: We cut it up and put it into little boxes?

Jak-El: No! We decorate it.

Lois: Oh yeah.

Jak-El: Duh.


3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd oh my gawd...*spins around, falls over*

I didn't think it could possibly be true! And yet! It IS!! A new post, and an awesome one at that!

It's an early Christmas miracle!!!

p.s.
And that's just adorable...I'll have to try that train of logic on the kid I babysit sometimes. Snicker.

p.p.s.
Welcome back!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

LIKE!

(Boooooooooooots!)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

Oh my gawd they're getting so big! What fun!

(Even I've been getting back into that little thing called blogging - must be a winter activity or sumpin'. 3 posts in a week? Unreal.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home