Monday, August 27, 2007

Why Am I Here Again?


I've got me The Selective Alzheimers. I'm sure of it.

I've got a fairly good memory when it comes to keeping track of all the work projects I have to manage – and at this time of year, that's quite a few.

But every week, there's one particular project that I always seem to forget. It's one that's not a favorite, for reasons I won't go into here. And every week, when a piece of e-mail pops up in my in-box telling me the project is ready for me to work on, I'm completely surprised, because I had blocked it out of my brain entirely.

So I'm working on the project, which will soon be done. I know next week with the Monday holiday thrown into the mix, I'll be twice as surprised when this little task rears its head again.

Until then, I think I'll just sit here and look at the infrastructure.

5 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh huh, uh huh.

What is this alleged particular project you keep forgetting? I'll bet it has something to do with direct mail marketing. Every week.

And they call ME a loser.

-- Lamont "Monday Monday" Cranston

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Cake said...

::drinks::

Yer making me into a lush, people!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Hmm. strokes chin I think you might have a "Project Bermuda Triangle." It's a little swirly hypnowheel cloudy thing above your desk that hoovers up all thoughts of certain projects. You can get rid of it by doing eight things you really like before you attack the grisly task at 1:00 a.m. and kick its butt in 45 minutes of intense, gut-wrenching effort...

Isn't the infrastructure strikingly lovely this time of year? All of the crumbling walls and rusty girders take on such vibrant tones!

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Dear Sparkle:

::drinks::

Shouldn't you be learning to foxtrot rather than contributing to my red-wine-habit? Hmmmmmm?

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Aw, ya busted me Cake. sigh All I can conjure up is a spastic wallabytrot. I'm not good enough for those shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home