Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Phrase That's Sweeping the Nation

Last week, I remarked on Sparkle's blog
that I liked her use of "Magoo" as a verb, as in (I paraphrase, because I'm too lazy to search for the post with the exact wording) "Magooin' around more than usual."

On Sunday, the boys and I went to a birthday party for one of Jak-El's school chums. As Dan-El ran into the path of a child on the swings and miraculously missed being kicked in the head and knocked over, another mom remarked: "Wow. He really Mr. Magooed that one, didn't he?"

To sum up:


Magoo. Love it. Use it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Goodness, what a lovely story! I'll be sure to use this charming phrase as much as possible today.

(You can explain it to my co-workers if they wonder about my sanity, okay?)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger bacon ace said...

Cake,
They don't already? And how's that new boss holding up?

Lois,
That's awesome. I'm glad to see it's not just us.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Bacon Ace:

Oh, it *is* us. I think we're having an influence on society now....world domination is only a post or two away!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ha.

Cake:

Sure. Just send em' my way and I'll explain everything. My jaunty hat conveys a respectable air of authority that will put them at ease.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger bacon ace said...

Is that jaunty hat now your signature piece? I feel like when I see you in person if you don't have it on every time I'll be dissapointed.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

"Signature piece?"

Hmmm....maybe.

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WWJBD?

What would Jim Backus do?

Probably run into a bank. No, I mean literally into it.

and then he'd grope for the door, open it, walk inside and make a substantial royalty deposit.

-- Lamont "Oh Lamont, You've Done It Again" Cranston

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

BWAH HA HA HA!!!! My evil plan is working!!!!!

Oh, ahem. clears throat She said "Magooed," huh? Well, fancy that! What a coincidink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home