Friday, June 06, 2008

Um Yep, It’s Friday

::phone rings and Lois has a conversation with a heavily accented public relations person who seems to speak English as a fourth language::

Lois: Hello, Lois Lane.

Caller: Yes, um, hello, um, Lois.

Lois: Hello.

Caller: I’m Mimi Madeupname from, um, BlahBlah Corp. Are you, um, going to be at, um, SomeDumbThing next, um, week?

Lois: I’ve never even heard of that. Is it a conference?

Mimi: Um, yes, it’s like a, um, conference. Joe Schmo of BlahBlah is going to be presenting as a speaker on, um, topic, of Something Vaguely Related to What the Magazine Lois Writes For Covers, But Not Really. It would, um, be a good, um, opportunity for you, to um—

Lois: Not to be rude and cut you off, but as I said, I’ve never even heard of that conference, so I’m not attending.

Mimi: Oh. Well, um, are there any, um, stories, you are, working on, related to what BlahBlah, um does?

Lois: Nothing specific, but I’m sure we’ll do something.

Mimi: Um, BlahBlah is, um, a, um, leading something something, um something.

Lois: I am familiar with the company.

Mimi: Yes, um, I, know you, um, had a, um, briefing with BlahBlah. But I thought that, um, it would be, um, a good, um story for you, um, about, um, This Thing That Really Wouldn’t Be Covered By the Magazine That Lois Writes For.

Lois: There’s no angle for us there. We cover What We Cover.

Mimi: Um, yes. But, um, it, um, is, because you could, um, do, um this and this.

Lois: Yeah. I’m sorry but I really don’t think so.

Mimi: Okay. Than, um, I will, um, keep, you, um in touch, um for, future, um things.

Lois: Oh, please do.


Um, here’s a video. Happy Weekend!

8 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

OOH! I LOVE IT!

1) I want that car.
2) Suddenly, I'm craving permed hair like the girls in the video. PLEASE. Talk me down. This probably wouldn't be good.
3) Wheeeeee song happy fun beep beep!
4) Have a fan-taaas-tic weekend!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

Um, wow - um, like that's a lot of ums. For someone with an accent whose English is not their native tongue, they sound a lot like an underachieving teenager. How in the world does someone who can barely speak get into PR? They might as well have hired me!

Can't wait to see the video when I get home - Youtube outlawed by The Man, still.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Sparkle!

No perm. Perm bad. Maybe some highlights or a new colour instead?

Or better yet, here's a glass of infrastructure and a circa 1982 copy of Tiger Beat. See Simon LeBon? That's how I used to wear my hair.

 
At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lois:

How very odd that you've posted this...

I'm going to be writing about all the pitches I've gotten that don't have anything to do with that thing we supposedly cover, but really only write about so we can get free breakfast. And now that Sparkle has provided us with free breakfast, there's really no need, is there...

Joe Schmo, by the way, always has Purina Reporter Treats in his suit jacket. Just so you know.

-- Lamont "Fourth S-Tate" Cranston

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Lamont:

You're making us look bad. We're not just in it for the breakfast. Don't forget about the free lunches, dinners, candy, wrapping paper and hula hoops.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

Ahhh. H100....how I missed yer cute and fuzzy pop tunes...they don't write 'em like this anymore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f8Sser_DJU

prob a good thing.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

Ahhh,umm great song!!

(giggling at post)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Kathy!

That's actually the song I wanted to use, but I couldn't embed a link from it!

Oh, and your profile occupation as "loafer"? That made me laugh, since you and Joe are probably doing more work than the rest of us sorry lot combined! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home