Friday, May 23, 2008

My Son, The Mumbling Historian

Jak-El: Mom, pinecones are real.

Lois: Yep, that’s right. Pinecones are real.

Jak-El: No, not pinecones. Pioneers are real.

Lois: Oh, yeah. Pioneers are real.

Jak-El: You know what they eat? Squirrels.

Lois: They eat squirrels?

Jak-El: NO! Coral! They eat coral.

Lois: Oh, right. Coral.

Jak-El: And they do a lot of odd things.

Lois: Like what?

Jak-El: Well, when they go to the bathroom, they wash their hands in the toilet.

Lois: Well, if you say so. Where did you learn all this anyway?

Jak-El: I’m smart!

Lois: I know that honey. But who told you all these things?

Jak-El: My brain.

Hope your brain tells you to have a wonderful long weekend! And if you live outside the U.S. and aren’t having a long weekend, have a wonderful regular sized weekend!

Now dance people, dance!

7 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

I'm dancing! I'm dancing in my loose overalls with my floopy floppy hair doo rag!

If there was the Jak-El Show, I would SO watch it.

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Cake said...

I'm too tired to dance. I bopped around in my chair a little, will that do?

Have a good long weekend, folks!

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How...

has the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame overlooked Bananarama for this long?

-- Lamont "If You Remember The '80s... Eh." Cranston

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

I remember this one.
Never did the big hair though.
O.k. well kinds for about a month or so, but than I couldn't breath. The hair spray don't you know.
Ah, but the colours. So many colours. I remember I even did pink streaks once.

Don't you wish you could do that when you are over , um, 29.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

The lead singer from Bananananrama is a bit mental.

I like Jake-El's brain very much!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Aren't most 1980's pop stars bit mental?

Boy George
Adam Ant
David Lee Roth

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Cake said...

I once put pink in my hair.

For about a month.

I wasn't even a teenager.

I have one picture of it and it looks ghastly.

(I was dared and I never...well, rarely...turn down a dare.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home