Monday, August 11, 2008

Bat-Monday!

1. Friday night, we ate takeout food for dinner while watching the "Good Night Show" on PBS Sprout. Because we live that kind of exciting life.

While grazing, I heard the host Nina say that she was so happy to be with her friends Star, Lucy and Hush. Now, I've seen this show a million times and knew Hush was goldfish. But the first thing that flashed into my mind was the Batman villain Hush.

Hush, for those of you who don't know, is a psychopath who was a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne's. He hates Bruce because he thinks Bruce's life was perfect. (Yes, Hush wanted his parents to die. He though Bruce's parents getting shot in an alley was stroke of luck. Like a said, he's a psycho.)

Anyway, I started to think about how interesting it would be if Hush co-hosted the "Good Night Show."

Nina: Hello Hush! We're so glad you're here tonight. Would you like to do a craft with us?

Hush: You are a whore and need to die.

Nina: Oh Hush, why so sad? Do you need a hug?

Hush: I need for you to die. And I need to rip that Star puppet to a million little pieces and sprinkle it on your grave.

Nina: Right. We'll talk some more later, Hush. Now, let's see what our good friend Thomas the Tank Engine is up to

Hush: He's on a track to hell.

2. Did anyone else notice that Nestor Carbonell, who played Batmanuel on "The Tick," played the mayor in "The Dark Knight?" I just thought that was cool



3. This preview of the new Batman cartoon "The Brave and the Bold" makes me deliriously happy. If this doesn't serve as the gateway drug to get tons of little kids interested in superheroes and comic books, I have no idea what will.

6 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

1a) OOH! I hope it was Chinese food. I'm having an unrequited yearning for Chinese food that goes tragically unaddressed due to chronic laziness.
1b) HA! I maternal parent 'effin love the Hush and Nina dialogue.

2) I also love that anyone is named Nestor Carbonell. He looks frickin' familiar. Like he's played a n'eer do well in other stuff.

3) The only other thing I can think of is absolutely forbidding superheroes and comic books...

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

That Batman cat is one bad motherfuc....

:::hush my mouth:::

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jus' talkin' 'bout Bruce...

-- Lamont "We Can Dig It" Cranston

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Sparkle! Nestor also appears on Lost occasionally...maybe that's where you know him from?

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Maybe! I dunno, Ace Reporter!

I can tell you that one of my other favorite actor names that I've heard recently is...
Skelton Knaggs.

Ahhhhhhhh. I just watched an old Dick Tracy movie with Boris Karloff ("Gruesome") and...Skelton Knaggs. It Was His Real Name.

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Skelton Knaggs. I love it! Maybe I'll have a third child so I can name it Skelton....

Nah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home