Monday, May 04, 2009

Highlights from Free Comic Book Day (or "Saturday," As the Less Educated Folks Call It…)

1. Got free comics. (Duh.)

2. Took Dan-El for his first swimming lesson. The good news: He's fearless about the water. The bad news: He's fearless about the water. sigh

3. Met Joe, Kathy, Kicky and Jumpy for the first time live and in person at the nerd shoppe. Let me tell you, in person they are just as cute and nice a family as you would imagine. And those two little boys have the most beautiful eyes.

4. Had water gun fight with kids. Jak-El monologues during battles way too much for his own good.

5. Got ice cream at Lizzie's. Watched Jak-El make a spectacular catch when a scoop of strawberry toppled off his cone. Advised him about 10 second later that he might want to stop clenching the ice cream in his fist and put it back on the cone. He thought this was funny.

6. Watched yet another thrilling t-ball game, the Marlins vs. the Mets. Go fish! Also heard from the mom of one of Jak-El's pals the story of how she got kicked out of summer camp when she was a kid. Makes me like her even more.

7. Had sushi for dinner. Couldn’t wake up Dan-El to eat his gyoza and noodles—he was pooped from the big day.

11 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Ice cream?

Did you get some for everyone?

I thought not.

(I forgot to introduce you to Maddog...that was him helping at the shop)

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

GO MARLINS!!!

Yaay for free comix and meetin' the Kicky/Jumpy Clan!

Okay, especially: Yaay for Lizzie's ice cream! I used to be addicted to coconut ice cream with hot fudge sauce. It be nice. Yep.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I think I may have met Maddog before. He looked familiar, but in the hubbub (and who doesn't love hubbub) of chasing the kids around the store I didn't get a chance to really say hello. Very much enjoyed the puppet show though.

Sadly, no ice cream for everyone. Jak-El can only carry so much in his little hands, you know.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Cake said...

AWESOME! You need to blog more. *glares sternly*

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Cake said...

In other news, the softball team I was shanghaied into joining at The DayJob has a name...and this blog just reminded me of this.

We are...THE MAD DOGS!

Do you suppose Maddog would like a mascot job?

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I know, I know. I'm a bad blogger. I should blog more.

::hangs head in shame::

My excuse? I've been too drunk.... I mean, I think I have the swine flu. Or a cold. Or maybe just allergies.

To sum up:
I blame Bush.

Go Mad Dogs!!!!!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger The Silver Fox said...

Hey!

You've been tagged!

It's only fair. I recently got "tagged," so now, you are, too.

Some of the Theme Thursday people I've been in touch with have this game going, and they've just involved me. So I looked outside of their little circle, and now, I'm involving you (and five others) IF you want to play. If so, here are the rules, and if not... no problem!

1. Mention the person who tagged you on your blog.
2. Use your creativity and write 6 things about you.
3. Tag 6 more blog pals.
4. Notify them by posting a comment or sending them an e-mail saying the words "you've been tagged" (or however else you wanna express yourself really)!

Have fun with it!

P.S. -- Re: #4, does Jak-el read a lot of comics? Comic characters always spew out lengthy sentences while throwing a single punch. (I think that's where I picked up my blogging style.)

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

comic book day! WEEEEEEEEEEEE

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Ahem. Theoretically you have lots of time for blogging right now, yes? Correct? Ahem?

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

You still recovering from free comic book day?

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Hobbled Lois said...

Didn't I tell you? It's my blogging ankle I broke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home