Monday, June 12, 2006

Trains, Planes and Autointoxication

In case anyone's checking in, nope, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. It just feels like it, between work, kids and life in general. F**king life, always getting in the way...

Went to New York on Friday, where I was a Very Important Person, doing Very Important Things.

Okay. Actually, I was a Very Bored Person, sitting through Very Boring Meetings. But I did get to ride on Amtrak, and who doesn't enjoy the glamour of rail travel? It's always such as pleasure on a Friday evening to sit next to someone talking loudly on their cell phone for about 45 minutes straight.

My seatmate was blabbing about some project she's involved in concerning the Las Vegas Airport. I didn't think about it until later, but if she's so keen on keeping the airline industry healthy, why the heck was she on the train?

I'm guessing it was for the booze. Those little overpriced bottles of horrid white wine are divine. When I'm on Amtrak I always buy an extra to bring home for Jak-El. Nothing calms down a hyper three-year-old like a little hooch before bedtime.

Yeah, I know it's irresponsible. But he's just a kid. I promise when he's four and has developed a more sophisticated palate, I'll buy him better wine.

Happy Monday.

6 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger Cake said...

I'm infamous for my dislike of office meetings - I've thought about faking my own death to get out of them but I don't think anyone would buy my miraculous recovery later...

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

By any chance did you get in a fight to the death with a Red Grant while on the train?

I think he worked for Smersh.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Just Googled Red Grant. And Smersh.

If I ever get into a fight to the death on Amtrak, I sure as hell hope its on the way to my meetings, instead of on my way back.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

It's the second best train fight ever!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

what's the first?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Cake said...

That one with all the explosions and tension, where Lando came in at the very last minute and yelled, "C'mon kid, let's blow this thing and go home!"

Oh, no, wait. That was the Millenium Falcon, not a train.

Never mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home