Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Hope the Wyoming Paparazzi Don't Start Following Me

::phone rings::

Lois: Hello.

Lois's Mom: Hi honey.

Lois: Hi mom.

Mom: I just called to tell you you're famous in Wyoming.

Lois: Huh?

Mom: Your cousin J. said he saw you on TV.

Lois: What?

Mom: Your cousin J. said he saw you on TV.

Lois: No. I heard what you said. I just have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Mom: J. said he saw you on TV.

Lois: Yes, I get that. On what show does he think he saw me?

Mom: Oh, I have no idea. It was something filmed in Boston last week. Where were you filmed last week?

Lois: Nowhere that I know of.

Mom: But J. said he saw you on TV. And he replayed it and E. watched it too and said he was sure it was you.

Lois: I don't think so.

Mom: But he's sure it was you. Were you speaking somewhere?

Lois: No. I mean, its possible I was shooting my mouth off in public, but I can't imagine why someone would film it, much less show it on television in Wyoming. What show was this on?

Mom: I have no idea. He said you weren't on it for long.

Lois: Tell him to send me an e-mail and tell me what it was on and what it was about. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.

Mom: They have some fancy set-up on their television where they can replay things, so they're sure it was you.

Lois: I don't think so.

To sum up:

I'm famous. Someone fetch me a latte.

19 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

Do you think they have Target in Wyoming?

Wow, they have DVRs there, I wasn't sure if they have running water yet.

But hey, you're famous!

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It starts with a latte.

It ends with a car crash in the Pont d'Alma tunnel.

Try to keep it between these two extremes.

-- Lamont "The People's Princess" Cranston

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

ROCK ON, Lois!

1) Stick with Mr. Lois. Please do not date a paparazzi. They mean NO good.
2) May I have your autograph?
3) Do you need a stylist? If so, as your stylist, I will assist you in purchasing a new jaunty little hat for every day of the year--your public expects it. You will be the Nuevo Hedda Hopper. Is your neck strong? Can you wear a hat shaped like a typewriter?

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Cake said...

I saw you on tv, too, Lois! On the local city station! I'm sure it was you! When were you interviewed in MY city?! Yer famous! And my friend in Vancouver said SHE saw you too! And she was sure it was you!

(If whoever brings Lois a latte, could bring me one too, that'd be great! Thanks in advance.)

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hi Redbeard!
Nope, I don't think there are any Targets in Wyoming. It's a godless wasteland, for sure.

Hi Lamont!
Will do! But I *must* wear a tiara.

Hi Sparkle!
1. Yes, I think I'll stick with Mr. Lois. I wonder if he'll let me start calling him Mr. Lois?
2. Sure!
3. Oh, if you knew me, you'd know I most definitely need a stylist! I'm not sure about the typewriter hat though....perhaps we should start with hairpins shaped like pens and work up from there...

Hi Cake!
Yes, that was me. Like Chicken Man, I am everywhere

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I saw you on TV also!! But it was really just the six or seven framed photos I keep of you on top of my set.

You're famous. In my 44 second dreams.

::swoons::

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

I like pie. Please to make me pie.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

I'll have my imaginary personal assistant fetch you up some. What kind you like?

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

You are ALL over our TVs here too.. you really ARE famous. So can I borrow a tenner?

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Jayne:

Would be happy to spot you a tenner! Just check with my imaginary personal assistant, who is at the moment baking Sparkle imaginary pies and making imaginary dinner reservations for my imaginary date tonight with imaginary David Tennant.

I gotta tell ya, life really is just grand when you finally let go of your already tenuous grasp of reality! Whee!

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

There is no spoon.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Happy Duck Thursday!

(p.s. Did you notice IANO's hair is sticking up? I think it's duck stress...he's quacking up.)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

And can someone get Redbeard a spoon please?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

Quack back!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Bunch of loons around here today. Guess it's true what they say; birds of a feather quack together!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

::claps hands together like a duck bill::

I'm quacking your head! Your head is QUACKED!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Dear Lois,

Blueberry pie, please, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

Ahhhh, it's delightfully quacklicious here today, I must say.

Query: Why didn't one of the little pigs build a House of Words? Not wolf-proof enough?

Happy Almost Friday,
SP

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger asian cowgirl said...

Wait...I've got it. The "how-it-all-happened" story title:

'A Journey: from Lois Lane to Lois Latte' (the real story).

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Jayne said...

Everyone is quackers this week.

Can I have some tea and a biscuit please? Delivered?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home