Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unhappy Gilmores

It's part of my genetic makeup that I have to be insanely obsessed with at least one television show at any given time.

"Buffy" and "Angel" are ongoing obsessions, and the new "Doctor Who" will likely join that cannon. But one show I'm obsessed with that will likely never generate action figures is "Gilmore Girls."

I think I like it so much because my life is just like Lorelai Gilmore's. Well, except for the fact that I had two sons instead of daughter. And I had them in my 30s and not when I was in high school. And my significant other doesn't run a diner. And I don't run an inn. But otherwise, we're identical.

Okay, the real similarities are that we're both fiercely protective moms, make tons of (sometimes obscure) pop culture references, enjoy junk food and love the sound of our own voices (just ask the husband).

Soooo..anyway. Here's two paragraphs you won't give a rat's hiney about if you don't watch "Gilmore Girls." I watched the season finale Tuesday night and am a little bummed and confused. The last five seasons of the show have built up to the Luke and Lorelai romance, only to have this season tear it down with the last scene, where Lorelai sleeps with Christopher, the father of her daughter Rory, after Luke puts off marrying her yet again. She clearly regretted it in the morning after shot. It was so sad.

The corker? After what a putz Luke has been, and seeing the chemistry between Lorelai and Chris, I'm kinda thinking maybe she should hook up with Chris again. Never thought I'd say that.

What sucks most about season finales is that I know we'll soon see the start of the summer television season, which means I'll be watching too many reality shows. This summer, we can look forward to:

Survivor: Revere Beach – "Survivas, this challenge will be wicked' hahd…"

Rock Star: Herman's Hermits – "Sorry, but I just don't believe you am Henry the Eighth…"

and my personal favorite…

Ham…Or No Ham – "Pick the right suitcase and you can win one million hams!"

Happy Thursday.

3 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cake said...

I'm fixated on about about four shows at the moment (it will be five with Doctor Who, of course) but I haven't been able to get into Gilmore Girls.

I feel like such a failure...

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cake said...

On about about?!

Oh my.

I guess this is karma making me pay for laughing at complimentary/complementary on that other blog.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Damn that Uncle Hoagy and his karma!

And I still think ham and a nice pair strappy sandals go nicely together....

Hey! Big Blog Crossover! Supersized! Just in time for May sweeps!

http://www.iaintnooprah.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home