Friday, June 23, 2006

If It's Friday, I Must Be Home

Hello everyone. If anyone still cares, I'm back. Was on deadline and then in New York for a few days to attend a conference. Woo-hoo. I know, my life so exciting. You wish you were me. Some days, I wish I was me too.

A few random thoughts from two days in the Big Apple:

* If you're a scrawny middle-aged white guy and your hairline is receding into the middle of your head, dreadlocks down to your waist is not a good look.

* But if you're a good looking twentysomething black guy, it's very sexy.

* Little old Scottish people are cute.

* If you're waiting in the cab line at the Javits Center at rush hour and the line is insanely long, if a car service driver offers to take you to your destination immediately, just go. Don't think about the buttrape price, just go. I waited an hour and a half for a cab, and eventually gave up and went with a car service for the same price I had turned down an hour earlier, because I wanted to save a few bucks. Which was stupid, because I was on an expense account. I know, I'm a loser.

* I really like New York best late at night when the streets are quiet.

* A flat screen TV with HDTV in your hotel room isn't so hot if (a) the hotel doesn't have that many channels and (b) the damn thing needs to be rebooted by the hotel's IT department every time you turn it off.

* Finally, a public service announcement: If you see someone dressed as Shrek, it's not the real Shrek. Do not get so excited that you make a running start toward Shrek, bear hug Shrek and almost knock over Shrek. It doesn't matter if you're a Japanese tourist. This will not please Shrek's posse.

* As I type this, I'm very, very happy to be almost home.

Happy Friday.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Little old Scottish people are adorable. In my non-office life, I get to deal with a very sweet old Scottish couple fairly regularly. The gentleman actually calls me "lass." Completely and utterly charming.

Hope you have a nice weekend after your crazy week. Be sure to stop and smell the wine...I mean, roses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home