Thursday, January 31, 2008

Food, Glorious Food

Seen This Morning in the Grocery Store



Mmmmm…you can really taste the zebra!

Random Food Quote #1

I can smell the pretzels just fine, thank you.

Milk Chomp

(from the recipe box of Jak-El)

Ingredients:
Cheerios
Cocoa Puffs
Milk

Directions:
1. Put Cheerios in bowl.
2. Put Cocoa Puffs in bowl
3. Add milk
4. Enjoy.

Random Food Quote #2

You had your chance, but you chose pie instead.

Grrrgh! Arrragh!



In honor of Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, we made a cake. Color choice by Jak-El, theme choice by husband.

Thanks, But My Kids Are Regular Enough.

Woman in Grocery Store Bread Aisle: They keep moving my favorite bread around.

Lois: I think where things go depend on who stocks the shelves.

WIGSBA: Oh, here it is! This is wonderful! (holds up bread) It's got flax seeds and nuts in it. Keeps everything moving, and it tastes good.

Lois: Um, that's nice.

WIGSBA: Try it. I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Lois: Thanks, but I have little children, so I have to buy what they like. (points to loaf of wheat bread in cart)

WIGSBA: Oh, tell them to get over it up and grow up.

Lois: Uh, yeah. I'll do that.

To sum up:
Eating too much flax seed apparently makes you run at the mouth, too.

Random Food Quote #3

There's nothing like hot fat.

6 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I love hot fat!

I love it with mud!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

So to sum up:

Lois shops at Shaw's.

I got nothin' today, my creative energy is all sapped.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Joe Doherty said...

Goddamn what a GREAT cake. I should probably mention that my birthday's in a couple of weeks...

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I protest the juxtaposition of "Martin Luther King Jr." and "color choice."

Baked goods should be judged by the contents of their filling, not by the color of their icing.

Although the inclusion of "Cake" was a lovely nod to our northern neighbor.

Finally: Can you imagine how much better the world would be if you could just tell your kids to grow up and they would? You could just keep saying "Grow up, grow up" until they reached their most lucrative working ages, and then you and Clark could retire.


-- Lamont "Social Insecurity" Cranston

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hi IANO!
Of course you do. Who doesn't?

Hi Redbeard!
Yep.

Hi Joe!
Welcome! One virtual cake, comin' right up! Let's see...in the last few months I've made dinosaur, TARDIS and Thomas the Tank Engine cakes...maybe you likee Power Rangers?

Hi Lamont!
The cake was chocolate. Does that make it all better? And I don't want my kids to grow up too fast. And I sure as hell don't want them suddenly craving flax, either.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

"You had your chance, but you chose pie instead."

That's the story of my life:
Sparkle in a stand-off with cops. Cop with bullhorn: "Come out with your hands up, Sparkle. You had your chance, but you chose pie instead."

"You'll never take me alive, coppers! I don't regret stealing the pie! You'll never take me alive!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home