Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Promised Land?


Last night, I had a dream I went to Canada. (Yes, I’m going to try and obey the 45 second rule.)

In Dream Canada, I stayed at a resort in the woods that was only about a 5 minute drive from a big city. The rental cars were quite small, but instead of parking them, you could fold them down to the size of an umbrella and carry them with you. If you presented your car rental receipt in any bar, you were given two free shots. Dream Canada also had an underground shopping mall, which featured a large Disney Store type shop devoted to some cartoon characters called The Poobs. Their big catch phrase was “No no no….POOB!”

I haven’t been to Canada in quite a while. Aside from the Underground City, which I know is in Montreal, is any of this accurate?

6 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

1) Cake will be proud!
2) Weird: This summer, I also dreamed about a car you could fold down and carry with you. Should we be trying to invent this?
3) Quicky quick! Trademark The Poobs--Disney has evil winged monkeys combing blogs for ideas.
4) It all might be quite true--then again, might you have visited Bizarro Canada? It's just north of the real one.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Sparkle:

Good morning!

Re: the car....yes, let's invent this. One problem: I have absolutely no mechanical or enigineering sense whatsoever. I'm lucky I can drive a car, much less improve on one's design. How's about you?

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Good morning! I believe this must be why I have been amassing my collection of Popular Mechanics. Let me see what I can figure out. What's the name of the car gonna be? A "Totevette"? A "Carryvair"? A "Kangavan"?

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Pooblahoma.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

....where the Poobs come sweepin' down the plain!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Cake said...

::stops folding car to answer blog::

It's all true.

::finishes folding car, puts the Poobs on tv::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home