Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Honey, I'm Home

::Lois walks in front door and is surprised to see everything neat and tidy. She hears yelling and turns around to see elderly neighbor shouting at a policeman::

I don't know what this world is coming to! I go away for a week to see my sister Adelaide--you know, she's the one with the bad hip and the diverticulitis--and I come home to find my home in a shambles. There's brownie crumbs everywhere--who eats brownies in the bathtub? Red wine is spilled over the carpet and someone spray painted "E. Izzard is my homeboy" on the ceiling. What on God's green earth is an Izzard? And the whole house smells funny...like oregano or burning rope or some such.

::Lois goes back in house, locks door, finds the husband.::

Honey, remind me in October to not take the kids trick or treating to Mrs. Kravitz's house. Don't ask why. I'm just not sure we'd be welcome.

8 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

Snicker Snicker

::Ishat hides spray paint behind back.::

Welcome back!

That explains all the old vinyl.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

"Adelaide" is the perfect name for an elderly neighbor's ailing sister.

Glad you're back!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger The Silver Fox said...

(Oops. Crap.)

*ahem*

Hi, Lois! Welcome back! How was your vacation?

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Redbeard76 said...

What?

Whaaaaatttt?

Sorry, I can't hear after all the loud music Ishat was playing last week.

Did you at least do something interesting?

 
At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

three hundred and twelve...

three hundred and thirteen...

three hundred and fourteen...

three hundred and fifteen...

Loooooisssss
ssssss
sss!

Did you bring us any foreign M&Ms?

-- Lamont "It Smells Like Old Woman In Here" Cranston

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Cake said...

I'm so glad nobody knows where I live, the place was unattended for two whole days.

*goes looking for the infrastructure*

HEY!!! WHERE IS IT?!

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Jayne said...

Oh dear, I think you just described my house.

Hope the trip was fun.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Garrrr! Where be my Friday Dance Party music, matey?

(Have a great weekend, LL!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home