Monday, September 15, 2008

The Mensa Family

My Son the Genius, Part 1


Jak-El: Dan-El, someday you'll be 5 like me. And then I'll teach you how to medicate.

Lois: You'll teach him how to what?

Jak-El: Medicate.

Lois: What do you think medicate means?

Jak-El: You know, medicate.

[Jak-El crosses legs, closes eyes, and holds hands in front of him, with fingers pinched.]

Lois: Oh, you mean meditate.

Jak-El: I can call it whatever I want.

*********************

My Son the Genius, Part 2



[sung by Dan-El, to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." And yes, both the husband and I had our backs turned to him when he started singing]

Butt butt butt butt
Big big butt.
Butt butt butt butt,
Big big butt.
Mommy butt, Daddy butt
Jacob butt butt,
Big big butt butt
Danny butt butt.
Butt butt butt butt
Big big butt.
Butt butt butt butt
Butt butt butt

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger Cake said...

For a second there, I thought you had a Doogie Howser doctor prodigy there, with a medicating 5 year old...butt no such luck, huh.

(Way cute!)

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Why did you turn your back to your child?

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Cake!
I think the only thing Jak-El will ever be a doctor of is loooove.

IANO:
Didn't you see the picture? He's pretty goofy lookin'.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ishat's Fire and Ice said...

I can call it anything I want.

I loved it.

I will call it orgasm next time. Can I get away with oragasming at work?

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

LOIS! Your boys ARE geniuses, by cracky! While I find both of them to be very inspiring, I'm especially struck by Dan-El this time around. I've been working with his lyrics, and I find that they lend themselves ABLY to many tunes.

To wit:
--Jingle Bells (Butt butt butt/ butt butt butt/BIG BIG butt butt butt...)
--The Pink Panther Theme by Henry Mancini (Butt butt/butt butt/butt butt butt butt butt--well, you get my drift, I hope)
--Home on The Range (Buuuuutt butt butt butt butuuuttt where the big big big butt butt butt roaaaam)

You can tell I'm still ironing out the wrinkles.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Ishat!
Go for it! Your job is obviously much more....interesting than mine.

Sparkle!
Butt butt butt butt butt butt butt butt...BUTTMAN! (Do you think Adam West would like it? The song, I mean, not butts. Though if he does like butts, there's nothing wrong with that, I guess.)

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Lois! West strikes me as having an excellent sense of humor, so I imagine he would like that song. Of course, he'd probably like it even better if he could somehow get some residuals from it or parlay it into a new series!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger bacon ace said...

"I can call it anything I want."

I'm tempted to try this in a meeting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home