Thursday, September 07, 2006

The "Other" Blog

Yes, what I said yesterday was true. I've been blogging behind your backs.

It's a dirty business. While I blog here for the art of it, elsewhere I've been blogging for commerce. I know, for shame Lois, for shame.

The business magazine I work for has had a blog for about a year now. It was started to coincide with our industry's largest annual conference, and has pretty much languished since then. A colleague and I have taken up the cause of bringing it to life again, to hopefully generate traffic prior to this year's show.

So….I've been posting there. While it is by nature business-y, it does feature some fun stuff (we even had our own "Snakes on a Plane" post, just cause we're so trendy). I won't post the link here, but if you want to know the URL, e-mail me or someone who knows me and I'll get y'all the info.

So that explains where I've been, and why I might disappear from this space for weeks at a time. (Okay, my drinking and blackouts might also explain that, but why get bogged down by details.)

I have to say, though, that the corporate blogging can be a little stifling. There have been lots of ideas for posts that "The Man" has put the kibosh on, like:

"The Impact of Butter Fighting on the American Economy"

"Our Friend, The Ocelot"

"Aquaman: Protector of the Seas or Threat to Corporate America"

"How Free Butter Can Improve Your Bottom Line"

"Our Friend, The Stingray"

"Marketing to MidAmerica, Hoagy Style"

So, contact me off-blog if you want to see what I write under my "real" name. Or, at least what I've told my employer is my "real" name….

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Hey!

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Blogging for money just seems...so...so...seems so right!

Gawd Bless America!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home