Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Angelfood Cakes Have the Phone Box

Okay. Actually it was Devil's Food. Tardis cake mission accomplished. Wondering how to do it yourself? Here's how...


First, assemble your ingredients. Yes, I do know how to make cake and frosting from scratch. But what's the point?




Next, put ingredients into bowl and mix thoroughly.




When cake is baked, let cool, guarded by small plastic dinosaur.




Then decorate, and serve.




The chefs pose with their creation. We're definitely not the Ace of Cakes, but I think we did nicely. Now, at this point you're probably wondering what the proper entree is to serve with a Tardis Cake...





Why, Tardis Lasagna, of course! And for a sidedish?




Sonic Screwdriver Baby Carrots! Yes, my husband thinks I'm out of my mind. But he eats well, so he doesn't complain. Bon Appetit!

6 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

Oooh, Lois!! That is amazing. I'm going to have to have a go myself. I'm inspired.

Did you get it bigger on the inside? A mass cavernous cake. I'm hungry now. Even though it is some god forsaken time in the morning.

I don't have anything silly to say. I'm way too impressed.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Cake said...

OH! Oh that's awesome!

Yup, that's the best thing I've seen in ages....yer my hero, it's official.

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You outdid yourself with the Tardis lasagne.

Pity you ran out of food coloring (colouring?) for it, though.

-- Lamont "Tardis or death?" Cranston

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

I was impressed that you were mixing the batter using a 'sonic screwdriver'

Though I'm very embarrassed that I know what a sonic screwdriver looks like.

Oh well, at least I don't own one...

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Cake said...

"Oh well, at least I don't own one..."

You own TWO, don't you.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

IT. IS. FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and the cake's nifty, too. I just haven't had lasagne in awhile and that REALLY looks good.

Seriously: We Salute You, Lois Lane!

(You were a brave woman to allow the dinosaur to guard the cake. Mine are trained to bring all cakes to me.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home