Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Son of Brushes With Greatness

As always, feel free to add your own, one-up me or just dance along to the beat.

1. I once ate a piece of Michael Palin’s birthday cake at a book signing.

2. I waited on Talking Head Tina Weymouth’s parents at a retail store in Newport. I guessed who they were based on (a) the name on their credit card and (b) the Tom Tom Club tour jackets they were wearing. They were the nicest, cutest proud parents one could ever hope to meet.

3. That same summer, I also waited on the actor who played Jake Meyer on “General Hospital.” He was a complete jackass.

4. Yet again that summer, I sold a pair of shoes to a guy who I was later told was a very famous NFL player. I was more impressed by the fact he tipped me $5.

5. My son was almost a villain in “Superman II.”

6. Cartoonist Evan Dorkin once pelted my husband with butterscotch candy.

7. I ate lunch at a New York restaurant two tables away from JFK Jr. and didn’t even recognize him.

8. I bought a soda from Rupert Jee at the Hello Deli. I did recognize him.

9. At a trade show, I interviewed Dave Barry, who was very, very cool.

10. I had a long conversation with Dick Van Patten at yet another trade show. He seemed like the loneliest man on earth. Apparently, eight was not enough.

Happy Tuesday.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Cake said...

Guy Gavriel Kay once hit on me at a signing. But apparently he hits on everything; male, female, animal or mineral.

And, oh dear, that's all I've got. Nooprah is gonna blow me out of the water - unless he used everything up on his original post. ::fingers crossed::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home