Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My Secret Shame

Everyone has something they do that is so embarrassing or heinous, that they can only do it when no one else is around.

Me, I do it while driving.

Yes, I'm one of those people who play Christmas music annoyingly early.

I love it. Can't get enough of it. The squirrel eaten pumpkin hitting the trash means completely appropriate for me to start playing Christmas tunes in the car when there's no one else except little old me to listen to them. Except for maybe the kids and what do they care? Jak-El watches the Charlie Brown Christmas, Halloween and Thanksgiving specials yearround, so I doubt he'll complain.

So anyway, here for your viewing and listening pleasure is a trio of holiday duets.

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl, "Fairytale of New York"



Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews, "Baby Its Cold Outside"



Annie Lennox and Al Green, "Put a Little Love in Your Heart"



And here's a bonus duet, because you just can't have a holiday duet round-up without Bowie and Bing:

9 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Oh oh oh! I saw Shane and the Pogues do that song live in NYC in March 2005! (Not with Kirsty MacColl, obviously and unfortunately.) It was really wonderful.

Anyways, I almost moved some Christmas music on to my iPod the other day but I didn't have enough space. I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Cake said...

No, wait...March 2006.

I'm easily confused today.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...GREAT clips, all! Thanks. Especially Bowie and Bing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ahem. clears throat Got any Goulet songs in your stocking?

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were one grainy copy of The Kinks doing "Father Christmas" from hitting the holiday quintfecta.

Great choices on the ones you have, though.

-- Lamont "Nothing But A Bit Of Undigested Gruel" Cranston

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say? Any song about mugging Santa Claus just warms the chestnuts of my heart.

-- Lamont "Still Just A Bit of Undigested Gruel" Cranston

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Yes, it is a great song. But it's not a duet

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, but it is, because when you have a doubled name like Dave Davies...

And furthermore, since his brother Ray Davies...

Ahh, hamburgers. You're right. It's not a duet. I didn't read carefully enough. Your list is perfect.

-- Lamont "Me And My Shadow" Cranston

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

How about Robert Goulet and Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet in the duet of "Walking In A Winterland"? CRAP. That only happened in my head, right?

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Cake said...

Lamont SKIMMED!

::points accusingly::

 

Post a Comment

<< Home