Friday, November 02, 2007

Wanted: Pumpkin Vandals



I went out to pick up my mail at 2:30 yesterday afternoon and our spider pumpkin was fine. But when I returned home from picking the kids up at school at 5:15 that evening, it looked like this.

I've narrowed down a list of suspects.

1. George Steinbrenner: Retaliation for my picture of the Red Sox pumpkin.

2. Doctor Octopus: Known hatred for all things spider-related.

3. Squirrels: Maybe the little bastards were hungry.

4. Avocados: I hate avocados. Perhaps the feeling is mutual.

5. The Daleks: Damn dirty Daleks. Yesterday's Tennant video made them angry.

6. The CIA: I knew I should have hidden that microchip someplace else.

7. Martha Stewart: Jealous of my mad pumpkin carving skills.

8. Bill O'Reilly: In a rage over my clear pro-Halloween agenda.

We're offering a reward for the capture of this felon, a clear danger to the jack o' lantern community--all the fun size Three Musketeers, moldy raisins and licorice you can eat.

16 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you so sure the pumpkin spider didn't merely scuttle away on its own?

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy with you?

What's that buzzing?

-- Lamont "Lone Gunman" Cranston

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Lamont: If the spider scuttled, it was in pain when it did. Spider parts were found on the other side of the porch. We've sent them off to the lab for analysis.

Buzzzzz.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Hoagy did it.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Oh, that Hoagy!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Oh Sparkle! So true, so true!

::runs off to get comfy chair ready to inflict punishment::

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Cake said...

No, no, use...THE RACK!

In the meantime, let me get all stuffing down into the corner of this pillow...

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Cake said...

I think folks who wreck pumpkins, even after Halloween, are jerks. I hate jerks.

::waves fist in the general direction of all the jerks in the world::

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Cake: Oh, me too. I don't care for myself, but Jak-El was kinda upset about it. The good mother that I am, I distracted him by suggesting he go inside and eat something from his trick-or-treat bag.

At any rate, I do tend to think a squirrel or something got to it, as most of the carnage had been taken away.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Cake said...

::waves fist at the jerk squirrels of the world::

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger bacon ace said...

Or it was the return of the dreaded King of the Douchebag Birds. ::dramatic music::

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

Dear Lois,

The vicious marauders WERE squirrels. I caught one molesting a festive yellow and green striped squash this weekend.

It does not look festive anymore.

It looks gutted.

Damnable squirrels.

Pip pip,
Sparkle

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Yes, the little bastards. We figured that out conclusively the next night when we found several obvious bitemarks out of the poor spider-kin.

And one of the little SOB built a nest in our crawl space, to boot. We spent an hour during Saturday's noreaster patching up the hole where he got in and cleaning out all the leaves and twigs he had brought in.

Squirrels, you're ON NOTICE!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger I Ain't No Oprah said...

Come on, write about the bloody (effin') oil change already...

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

SHHHHHH! Be vewy quiet! Am hiding in the bushes, hunting waskally squirrels....

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Cake said...

LOOK OUT SQUIRREL! SHE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

Whoops.

Did I just do that? Sorry!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Sparkle Plenty said...

The squirrels in my neighborhood are the size of cats. CATS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home